Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 8 thru 10 and a half

So traveling and doing the hard core diet part is extremely difficult.   I would not recommend anyone doing this program to start it while on vacation, it makes the diet part something to stress out over while you are trying to do anything other than add stress to your life.   That said, I am in already and committed to doing the best I can.   I have been pretty good about fulfilling most of the dietary requirements.   The first day I had 2 egg whites with a little pepper, and a bunch of lightly stir fried veggies (in olive oil, no salt), a bowl of cheerios with low fat milk and a poppy seed muffin for the carbs.  It felt like a ton of food and after I finished I was barely able to move.    I was thinking there is no way I can eat these sorts of volumes, but an interesting thing has happened over the past couple of days, I have found an incredible appetite.   Naturally my first concern is that I am not eating as much as I should as I am eating every meal out, I can't weigh things all the time.  Have used the internet to get an idea what things weight, and I have been weighing things on occasion, so have a rough idea what a chicken breast weighs, what a piece of toast is, how much granola roughly is my morning allotment of carbs.   Today I actually tried to step it up a bit in volms just in case I was under eating, and I am still finding myself hungry almost every 2-3 hours.   Is this normal?

Workouts have been fine, though after Steve and I worked out at his dad's club the other day, I realized that my jumprope, which was, well...a rope, was a steaming piece of shit, so I went out that afternoon and bought a "real" jumprope, today's 650 jumps went by much more quickly.   I haven't felt sore since the first couple of days,  my legs definitely wear out by the end of the squats or lunges, but the upper body feels all right.

I can't really tell if my body is changing, my girlfriend says I have definitely lost some weight.   I sometimes look in the mirror and think, "hey, looking a bit better", then I take the photos and think, "yeah, not so much".

Dietary stuff is stressing me out because the food in restaurants is never going to be exactly what I need. Even the yogurt snack in the afternoon, all I have been able to find on the road in flagstaff and sedona, AZ is danon low fat some fruit flavor yogurt, it definitely has too much sugar in it, but tomorrow am back to LA and can hit a whole foods with the proper stuff.   The restaurants have been all right about my annoyingly particular requests,
Me: "ok, so I apologize up front but can I get this Veggie and Chicken wrap with brown rice, not white, and no salt, can you please leave out the cheese, and no ranch dressing,  wait, do you have a light balsamic based dressing?"
Waiter: "no, how about our homemade tomato and basil dressing?",
Me: "does it have a lot of salt and oil, any sugar added?"
Waiter: "ah, no sugar, it's made fresh, it's not salty, I think it's pretty healthy"
Me:  "Right, hmm ok, actually no wait, can you bring it on the side?  Thanks.  Oh, and can I get extra veggies in there..wait, sorry how do you cook the veggies"
Waiter: "we don't, they're fresh",
Me: "Right yeah, extra veggies in that,  and can I just get a side salad with no dressing please, and no salt on anything ok?"
Waiter  "yes, you said that already ass, I mean sir".
Me: "right, ok look, I am going to leave a big tip so just don't spit in my food, not sure if phlegm is approved on this program."

Anyway...I'm pretty hungry all the time now, and feel like I could eat more...so I wonder, am I eating enough, or is this my bodies metabolism speeding up?

5 comments:

  1. great seeing you despite the case of golf blue balls. eating out has def been an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so hungry last night I could not sleep.....held firm though and made it through the night.

    The jet lag is gonna be a killer for you.....

    Whose Bright Idea was this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phlegm is definitely not approved--simple carbs quickly converted to sugar. I'm amazed at your restaurant-negotiation skillz. The good news is that it'll be so much easier once you're at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you really take a picture of yourself in black and white Blocky? HAHHAHA. I am going to use sepia for my next one....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all about artistic intergrity, would have used film if we had time to develop the stuff

    ReplyDelete