Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Workouts and time

I have to say that I actually really like the minimal length of these workouts, for the most part I can complete the entire thing in about 30-35mins.  In the past I dreaded going to the gym because of the time requirement, and I hate running, biking, swimming  for the same reason.  It is great to find an exercise regime that doesn't take up too much of my time.   When I would go to the gym before PCP I'd try to bang out the reps as quick as possible, I would get frustrated as time elapsed and start watching the clock and just wishing it would end.  With PCP workouts I barely look at the clock and when it is over I am constantly thinking "my god, the ass on that woman!" oh, and also, "wow, that was quick".  I am not sure what the maintainence will be like once PCP ends (imagine the guru has something up his sleeve) but I could certainly see keeping up with the PCP approved workout regiment indefinitely.  

My foot was killing me after jumping rope yesterday, so today (day 21) being a jump only day I opted to go with a 20min bike ride on hills.  Was good for my foot but turned out to be a hell of a workout for my legs, even with the lunges, squats we've been doing, my leg muscle are definitely not where they need to be.  

Despite the relatively short workouts, finding the dietary requirements coupled with work and the workout to pretty much be taking all of my waking hours (trying really hard to get 8 hours of sleep a night, but honestly, it is closer to 7).   Wonder if anyone else feels this way?  I am up at 5am, make and eat breakfast, leave for work at 6, get home around 6, workout, eat dinner, have about an hour to relax, eat a snack, and then it is practically time to get into bed if I want to get the required 8hrs.  

6 comments:

  1. Can't you bring breakfast with you to the office? Wouldn't that save 20 minutes in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blocky-having same issues with time. My schedule is identical to yours minus having to appease Judy. I am doing mass cooking to prepare loads of stuff. It means my meals are a bit redundant for a few days but it gives me more free time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely with you. I get home at 6:30 or 7 then work out and cook dinner. End up not eating until around 9 during the week. Not sure how to manage the time better, but I'm figuring it will come at some point. Could try to work out in the morning, but it would mean waking up somewhere with a 4 handle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm repeating some things others have said, but I would prep breakfast the night before and bring it to the office and eat at my desk, cook mass amounts of stuff that won't go bad for multiple days' worth lunch and dinner, cut up a boat load of veggies and keep in tupperware for multiple days' sandos and stir fry....and by "I" I mean Reiko, which also saves time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boredom of routine is killing me. I am starting to miss being hungover. Feel like all im doing is packing fucking tupperware. Will all be worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the other option is just not going to work. 78 more days of PCP and tee times and you'll be ready for the hooters tour.

    ReplyDelete