Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 72, Happy Thanksgiving

After lunch today I will have eaten the exact same thing 7 times in a row now.  Brown rice, grilled vegetables, and grilled chicken.  I marinated the chicken in the yogurt mix again and threw in a couple habaneros, damn spicy.   I am not sure what this says, either I am getting less creative or lazy, or just tired, I don't even really think about the taste, I just eat it at each meal and go on with the day.   Am not really craving anything to be honest, not saying this to complain, just stating what has been going on with my diet.  What has NOT been going on with my diet is all the eggs.  I have taken to milk and a raw egg white when I first wake up eating breakfast (no milk) about 90mins later.  Then I have fruit, no egg for the AM snack.  I am choking down an egg white in boiled form after the workouts, but can't bring myself to eat another in the afternoon snack.  So am getting 2 out of the 3 required eggs...and trying to have a tiny bit more protein to make up the difference, I just can not get anymore down.  Actually like the milk and raw egg best, don't even taste it, but not doable at the office.   Hope that the egg white I miss isn't killing my muscle growth.   Has anyone got a substitute?  

Workouts are going all right, I get to failure pretty quick on some exercises, while others I add a few reps at the end.  Plank is now my most hated exercise, I haven't completely conquered pull ups but I can do a lot more than when we started.  Shoulders are still the most difficult area for me to do all the reps, I reach failure pretty quick, whereas biceps seem to be the region I have to add reps to get to failure (though today I upped the resistance band and it wore me out).   Workouts still take less than 50mins with the jump rope, and if there are no legs on a given day and my jump rope goes smooth, I can usually get done in about 40-45mins.  I don't think I am waiting as long as I should between sets and wonder if this is a bad thing.  I definitely don't wait much at all between exercises.  I almost challenge myself to get it done as quickly as possible. 

I really need some new clothes, I cut 2" off my belt the other day and it is still big on me, and my pants are starting to look retarded, which isn't what you want when you already look retarded regardless of your clothes being ill fitted or not.  And what the hell is with the lack of tapered sweaters and stuff in this country, my shoulders vs mid riff ratio doesn't work if stuff is cut straight down now, the shoulders fit and then it looks ridiculous around my stomach area, two sizes too big.   Looks like a post PCP shopping spree is in order, but will probably wait till early 2011 just to see how my PCP body holds up in the end.

After tomorrow, less than 2 1/2 weeks to go.   

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are rocking the exercises dude. Maybe up the resistance band for more than just biceps?

    I will eat any extra egg whites you don't want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, my word verification for that comment was "feast"...bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sitting here trying to think about a way to get around the eggs....

    eda mame? Soy has tons of protein...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Email me about the protein situation I'll hook you up with some answers.

    Re: Rest times try to make the exercise more intense so that you need the rest times. Shorten bands, squeeze target muscles, the only thing we value is your pain, not some arbitrary number of reps.

    ReplyDelete