Monday, November 29, 2010

Less than 2 weeks to go...

Home stretch, yesterday I nearly bested the pull ups, doing 5 sets of 8 before failing at 6 on the final set, before this is over, I am going to get thru 6 sets of 8.  Kung fu sit ups are tough on the shoulders more than anything, I have trouble by the last two sets because of the pain from hanging, but can usually manage to finish them all.   I am trying to go to failure in all exercises now, some days it means adding more in the final set, other days it happens before I get to the final set.  Jump rope is testing my ADD, I get bored with the longer sets more than I get tired by them, same reason I have always hated running, sheer boredom, I don't feel that runners high, so every minute is just annoying and I can't wait to finish.  I think the jumprope length is about the most I can stomach, but certainly a maintainable level.  I've tried to do some tricks, but realized quickly that 1) I don't know any and 2) I am not that coordinated.  So I went with seeing how many jumps I can do in a minute, record so far is 177, I am gonna try for 200 by the end of this thing.   I can really feel the full body work out when I go for speed, have to tense the upper body to get the speed up, it's tough, probably makes the 6-7min set a bit tougher than if I just went at a steady pace the whole time, when I am done, my pecks and arms are sometimes sore.  Maybe I need to relax...

Food is good, getting to actually be a bit much at times, but I have been finding a few restaurants that are able to do PCP friendly dinners, Yakitori seems the best, just grilled meat and veg, wasabi and Ume, nothing else.  I will not miss the endless prep of making all my meals all the time, but I have found that you can have some pretty good stuff that is very PCP friendly and that certainly a healthy balance of homemade meals and eating out is doable in perpetuity.   

Indulgence this week, though I am trying to think long and hard about what I really want to eat or drink and nothing, NOTHING, is coming to me.  I don't crave anything when I think about it...I do however crave things when I see them, so maybe for this indulgence I am not going to plan anything, and some time in the next few days I'll see if the mood strikes me and just go with it.  I would like to wait until next Tuesday night, get a burrito and some McDonald's fries, a beer and watch the Patriots play the Jets in Monday Night Football, but that would be day 84 and past the deadline for indulgences, and if the Pats don't win, would ruin the meal for me anyway. 

Day 77...wow. 

2 comments:

  1. Put on some tunes and use the jumprope time to enjoy some music. Makes the sets fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the indulgence ! I know its there, but I have not interest.....kind of like Fantasy football at this point.....

    For the Jump Rope, Put on Emiem 'Loose yourself' followed by Evenesance 'going under'

    sprint the chorus lines.

    Gypsy Kings is a good beat to warm up to.

    I do 8 Minutes of warm up with the kings, and then the hard stuff. Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete