Sunday, November 21, 2010

Worst Week Yet.

It took about 64 days before things really broke down, but last week in HK on business things fell off a cliff, hard...splat!  First off the diet was a nightmare, I couldn't carry the 27 eggs a day that we are eating now around in my suit pocket, and with nowhere to buy them on the fly, I did what I could, but was only eating about 1/2-2/3 of the required number.  Then the AM protein, hotel had sausage, bacon, some other sort of processed meat product or Fish, none of which I was gonna touch, so AM protein got subbed out in lieu of egg whites which I guess helped my overall egg count, but I fell short on dead carcass quotient.   Then every other meal, HK doesn't have low fat milk at almost every restaurant, just non fat or regular, so I tried to alternate, and I couldn't find a low fat yogurt that wasn't sweetened with some fruity crap or other.   In general the dinners at the hotel were PCP approved, but lunches were a crap shoot, too much oil in most things, and the plane ride home, running late to make the flight, I just had to go with the dogshit they try to pass off as food on ANA.   I also broke down once and had a gin and tonic at a friends wedding on Saturday, which might have been the worst of the days, though with the plane ride Sunday it was a toss up.  The W hotel in HK doesn't have JACK SQUAT on the menu for PCP lunch or dinner really, they did manage some steamed veg and grilled chicken, but at lunch only white bread for carbs, and dinner the only chicken was grilled in some tandoori marinate, which definitely had salt.  So from Wed-Sun food was a complete clusterfuck.   Getting back to Japan I am still having issues with the snacks, I forget them, like today, forgot the carbs pre workout, and can't find a boiled egg post workout.   It's all going pear shaped, and fast.  

Workouts weren't much better, I could barely find the time to do them, I was running back to the hotel room between meetings to try and jumprope, which in the actually hotel room, barefoot on the carpet wasn't easy and started to become painful, but I managed to get the sets in and for the strength stuff I did as much as time allowed but honestly I don't think I had one complete workout while I was away.  I wonder if the lack of protein coupled with the difficulty level of the workouts now is the reason I struggled or if it was just being in a rush, always watching the clock and not being able to focus on the task at hand.

Anyway, was hands down as bad a week as I have had since starting PCP, and with 21 days to go, I need to get back on track.  I still don't have the abs I am after, speaking of which...90sec of the plank..times FOUR...are you kidding me!?   I was able to do 90sec once, then started breaking down in the 2nd set, by the fourth I think I made it 30sec before falling flat on my face.   Maybe that is why I can't see the abs yet? 

It's go time people, Fuck you PCP, 21 days left, I'm gonna make you my b-tch.  Bring it! (but no more god damn eggs!)

5 comments:

  1. You could have asked me where to get stuff in HK...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you man been a slightly...slightly patchy 2 weeks,,,,gonna finish strong then kick your but on the golf course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude - i haven't come close to 90 sec on plank. bad week all around here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how the hell did you get to 90 seconds on the plank? I am shaking by 45 seconds. Suggest you simply fill a bath tub full of raw eggs and eat your way out.....

    Smoke this week baby! SMOKE IT!

    ReplyDelete